Please join the Black and Disabled community to protest systemic ableism, racism, and police brutality at Spirit Plaza followed by a march around Campus Martius for justice. This event will be disability centered and lead.
If you would like to volunteer, please click here: https://c4dj.org/blm
If you are in need of accommodations, please reach out to the the organizers listed below.
• Meet at Spirit Plaza at 4 pm
• Speakers at 4:30 pm
• March at 5:10 pm
• Parking: On street; please be mindful of meters
• Bathrooms: Please use before arrival
• Space: Spirit Plaza is physically accessible
• Sound: We will have a bullhorn on-hand
• Interpretation: We will have an American Sign Language (ASL) interpreter on-hand
• Water: We will have plastic water bottles available, however personal water bottles are preferred as to reduce waste
• Food: Snacks will be available
• Sanitation: Hand sanitizer will be available
• Lawyers: We are requesting the National Lawyers Guild be on-hand
• Please wear masks at all times
• Please wash hands before arrival
• Please social distance during this event
• Please refrain from bringing firearms to this event
People with disabilities are at a greater risk of coronavirus infection than their non-disabled counterparts. If you have any of the following symptoms, please refrain from attending this event in person: fever, cough, shortness of breath. Additionally, if you have two of the following symptoms, please refrain from attending as well: fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell
Unable to attend in person? We will have Facebook streaming of our speakers and ASL interpreter available. Note: our live-streamer will wear identifiable clothing for anyone apprehensive about being captured on camera.
Are you seeking accommodations? Would you like to speak at the event? Or do you have a question, comment, or concern? Please email the point of contacts below:
Lead organizer: Teddy Dorsette, Teddy(at)DetroitDisabilityPower.org
Ally: Jeffrey Nolish, Jeffrey(at)DetroitDisabilityPower.org
Thank you to our event sponsors: Collective 4 Disability Justice, Michigan Deaf Association, and Detroit Disability Power!